tlearn is copyrighted (or "copylefted", to use the term introduced by the Free Software Foundation) and is covered by the GNU General Public License. This means that it may be used, copied, modified, or redistributed for free. However, any redistribution (of the original or modified code) should adhere to the General Public Licence terms, and copies should acknowledge both the original authors
- and be sujbect to the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- The software is included in the book Exercises in Rethinking Innateness: A Handbook for Connectionist Simulations (The MIT Press, 1997). This book includes a user manual and serves as a tutorial for learning to use the simulator. However, binaries and sources can also be downloaded from the sites below. (Information about the book, including how to order a copy, can be obtained by clicking on the book title above.)
- Our ability to support
tlearn is limited, and we cannot guarantee that all bugs will be promptly fixed (although obviously it is in our interest to fix serious bugs which limit the simulator's usefulness. Bugs should be reported by sending email to email@example.com.
- Updates will be posted to this page, and found in the distribution directories listed below.
- 11/17/97: Version 1.0.1. Fixes primarily bugs in Windows version. Available at sites below as wintlrn1.0.1.zip (Windows) or either mac_tlearn_1.0.1.sea.hqx or mac_tlearn_1.0.1.sea.hqx.gz (Macintosh).
- The tlearn user's manual is now available on-line in two versions, PostScript (compressed with gnuzip.)) and PDF (readable with Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- To download PostScript version: ftp://ftp.crl.ucsd.edu/pub/neuralnets/tlearn/TlearnManual.ps.gz
- To download Adobe Acrobat PDF version: ftp://ftp.crl.ucsd.edu/pub/neuralnets/tlearn/TlearnManual.pdf
tlearn home page
Page last updated on March 18, 1999.
Web page questions or problems to go Jeff Elman